B- 3, JUBILEE ESTATE, WUMBA DISTRICT, ABUJA –FCT, NIGERIA. E-mail: email@example.com
13033, WIREVINE LANE, HOUSTON, TEXAS - USA, 77072. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE 12TH STOP CERVICAL, BREAST & PROSTATE CANCERS IN AFRICA (SCCA) CONFERENCE
IN MASERU, LESOTHO FROM SUNDAY 22NDJULY – WEDNESDAY, 25THJULY, 2018 WITH PRE –SUMMIT TRAININGS FROM MONDAY, 15TH – SATURDAY, 21ST JULY, 2018.
In recent years, we have been witnessing active involvement of African First Ladies and Spouses in activities aimed at improving the living conditions of populations in vulnerable situations, through various interventions at National, Regional and International levels.
Princess Nikky Breast Cancer Foundation as one of the leading Non – Governmental Organizations on Cancer in Africa with offices in Nigeria, South Africa and Uganda has been in existence since 1995, championing awareness and education of cancers with particular focus on cancers of breast, cervix for women and prostate cancer for men.
As part of the increased awareness campaign within the region, Princess Nikky Breast Cancer Foundation launched the Annual Stop Cervical, Breast & Prostate Cancers in Africa Conference (SCCA) which has been running for over a decade since 2007.
Significant Political -Will and Partnerships with the Public / Civil Society Sector, the Private Sector and Academia across the African Region has been garnered over a decade at the various conferences & exhibition in:
1. The 1st Stop Cervical Cancer in Africa Conference in Abuja - Nigeria (July, 2007).
2. The 2nd Stop Cervical Cancer in Africa Conference in Kampala, Uganda (July, 2008)
3. The 3rd Stop Cervical Cancer in Africa Conference in Cape Town, South Africa (July, 2009).
4. The 4th Stop Cervical & Breast Cancer in Africa Conference in Accra, Ghana (July, 2010).
5. The 5th Stop Cervical & Breast Cancer in Africa Conference in Addis Ababa – Ethiopia (September, 2011).
6. The 6th Stop Cervical & Breast Cancer in Africa Conference in Lusaka – Zambia (July, 2012).
7. The 7th Stop Cervical, Breast & Prostate Cancer in Africa Conference in Maputo – Mozambique (July, 2013).
8. The 8th Stop Cervical, Breast & Prostate Cancer in Africa Conference in Windhoek - Namibia (July, 2014)
9. The 9th Stop Cervical, Breast & Prostate Cancer in Africa Conference in Nairobi – Kenya (July, 2015)
10. The 10th Stop Cervical, Breast & Prostate Cancer in Africa Conference in AU in Addis Ababa – Ethiopia ( July, 2016).
11. The 11th Stop Cervical, Breast & Prostate Cancer in Africa Conference in Johannesburg – South Africa (July, 2017)
12. The upcoming 12th Stop Cervical, Breast & Prostate Cancer in Africa Conference in Maseru – Lesotho (July, 2018)
THE 12TH STOP CERVICAL, BREAST AND PROSTATE CANCERS IN AFRICA CONFERENCE (SCCA) & EXHIBITION
The upcoming 12th Stop Cervical, Breast & Prostate Cancers in Africa (SCCA) Conference & Exhibition in Maseru, Lesotho will run from Monday, 22nd July to Wednesday 25th, July, 2018 with pre – summit trainings on breast, cervical and prostate cancer awareness campaigns geared towards Communities in Lesotho and across Africa.
Princess Nikky Breast Cancer Foundation (PNBCF) has worked closely with both the Public and Private Sector in creating a powerful platform to continue the mandate given by the African Spouses and Office of the First Ladies as well as the United Nations (UN), the World Health Organization (WHO), the African Union (AU) and other multilateral agencies to transform the Global Health Policy Space addressing awareness, prevention and treatment of Non-Communicable Diseases primarily in the Cancer therapeutic areas.
Through partnerships with Governments, Civil Society, Private Sector and Academia - this year’s theme – “Making a Difference in Women and Men’s Lives: Access to Medicines, Diagnostics and Treatment” will amongst other objectives:
• Recognize – thus giving credit where it is due to the Leadership in Africa that has generated strong political will driving this initiative beyond awareness to implementation
• Share best-practices of the broader Healthcare Community with the priority of achieving Inclusive Access to Medicines within the Breast, Cervical and Prostate Cancer therapeutic areas
• Address Financing and Healthcare in Africa towards a more innovative approach to diagnosis and treatment in the Region
• Recognizing the nuance of Prevention within the awareness campaign policy space and the role of the media today
Based on the above and the great work that we are undertaking within the Global Health Policy space, we trust that you will join us in making a lasting impact and look forward to your participation at this years’ 12TH Stop Cervical, Breast & Prostate Cancers in Africa (SCCA) Conference & Exhibition in Maseru, Lesotho in July, 2018.